If you are in the Ozone Park or Howard Beach, New York area and looking to sell your gold, we can help! We are honest and trustworthy gold buyers in the Queens, New York area and pay cash on the spot. We’ve been doing so for 20 years and will provide you with the best service possible.
You will want to make sure that whomever you sell your gold to performs the necessary tests in order to give you the full value of your gold. This should help ease any concerns about whether or not you are dealing with a legitimate buyer whose intention is to do an honest and fair transaction.
Below are some tips to help make sure you are selling your gold to a reputable buyer in New York City.*
- Know your scales – Gold is typically weighed in a “troy ounce.” The difference being that a regular ounce equates to 28 grams while a “troy ounce” equals 31.1 grams. Be sure the gold buyer is using this scale method when weighing out your gold.
- Know your Karats and keep them separated – 1 Karat means your gold is 1 part pure gold and 23 parts some other metal. 24 Karat gold is considered pure gold. Make sure any gold you intend to sell is separated by Karat so the buyer does not try to pay you the same price per weight for a 14 Karat piece as a 24 Karat piece.
- Research current gold value before selling – Before you sell your gold, educate yourself on what the going rate is. See what it’s currently selling for per ounce and call a few places to see what they are willing to pay.
- Check your buyer – use websites like the Better Business Bureau and Rip Off Report to see if the business you intend to sell your gold to has any negative reviews. This is one way to quickly determine whether or not they are reputable.
- Not all gold is created equal – know that a generic gold chain might not fetch as much as a designer gold necklace even though it weighs more. Sometimes the true value of your gold goes further than actual weight.
- Have realistic expectations – shop around first and get a good idea of what businesses are willing to pay for gold before selling yours. Understand that they typically are not going to give you 100% of the gold’s value. Remember, it’s their goal to resell your gold and they need to be able to make a profit to stay in business.
If you are trying to sell gold in New York City for a fair price, stop by our place in the Queens area. We have 20 years experience in the gold buying business and will give you a fair and straightforward price. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about our process and we will be more than happy to answer them for you. We love buying gold and will look forward to your visit!